Over on Underdog, there are some good high/low picks to take advantage of. Below are the strategies that I will be utilizing in a three-player Pick'em entry in Monday night's College Football Playoff National Championship game between Georgia and TCU.
Brock Bowers Higher than 63.5 Yards Receiving
- Three tight ends have had over 60 yards receiving against TCU this season, and none of those tight ends are the talent of Bowers.
- Backup TE Darnell Washington had an injury in the first game, and it’ll be Bowers taking the main workload at TE.
- Against Ohio State, Bowers had 64 yards receiving but was barely missed on a target that would have put him well over 100 yards.
- TCU runs a lot of zone coverage, and Bowers and Lad McConkey are the targets against it.
Lad McConkey HIGHER than 2.5 Receptions
- McConkey has hit this over in 10 of 14 games this season, and he was running a majority of the routes this past weekend.
- This game for Georgia will be about controlling and moving the ball down the field.
- 13 wide receivers have had three or more receptions from the slot position.
Quentin Johnston HIGHER than 5.0 Receptions
- TCU’s best weapon is Johnston, and they will need to do all they can to get him the ball in open space.
- TCU’s expected to be trailing in this game and should be throwing the ball plenty.
- Johnston had six receptions in the game against Michigan, and that was on 14 completions from Duggan.
- Georgia’s secondary showed weakness this past week against Ohio State, and Sonny Dykes will have to find creative ways to exploit it with Johnston.
WATCH: NFC Playoff Preview