As the season winds down and the fantasy football playoffs loom, the options to stream are admittedly not great.
So I apologize to any fellow sickos who stream their kickers and D/STs. However, the show must go on! There will always be juicy matchups to poach off waivers.
That’s why my streaming advice is emphasized even more, similar to my weekly waiver columns. Instead of three kickers and defenses to stream, it’s three potential options to stream with advice on how to handle each one.
As a reminder, eligible kickers and defenses for this column must not be rostered in more than 50% of leagues, per FantasyPros’ rostership data. All stats are credited to TruMedia unless stated otherwise.
Top Streaming Kickers for Week 14
Michael Badgley is probably the top option to stream.
- He plays the Minnesota Vikings in Detroit.
- He’s rostered in 10.4% of leagues.
- Badgley is fresh off a booming 19-point performance against Jacksonville.
- But he’s scored just six or seven fantasy points in each of the last three games.
- Detroit’s offense has scored 26.3 points per game, the sixth-most this season.
- It’s scored 32 points per game in its last there games, the second-most in that time.
- Meanwhile, the Vikings’ defense has allowed 22+ points to offenses in the last four games.
- That includes 26+ points allowed in three of the last four games.
- Kickers have scored 13+ fantasy points in each of the last four weeks against them.
- No team has allowed more fantasy points in that span than Minnesota.
- That includes 3+ field goals made.
Matthew Wright could have some streaming value.
- He plays the Baltimore Ravens in Pittsburgh.
- He’s rostered in 9.3% of leagues.
- Wright has scored 13 or 16 fantasy points in each of the last three games.
- He’s also made three or four field goals in each game.
- No team has more field goal attempts per game than Pittsburgh, both in the entire season and in the last three games.
- Baltimore has allowed the third-fewest points per game in its last three games.
- You may just need to ride the hot hand, or in Wright’s case, the hot foot.
There are plenty of good kickers with tough matchups on paper.
- Ryan Succop is K11 in fantasy points.
- He plays at San Francisco, who has allowed the fewest fantasy points to kickers.
- Greg Zuerlein is K6 in fantasy points.
- He plays at Buffalo, who has allowed the second-fewest fantasy points to kickers.
- Robbie Gould is K12 in fantasy points.
- He plays against Tampa Bay, who has allowed the fifth-fewest fantasy points to kickers.
- I prefer Gould of the three.
- His fantasy production in the last four games: 10, 8, 8 and 18 points
- The 49ers’ offense could take a step back in the red zone without Jimmy Garoppolo, thus relying on Gould even more.
Top Streaming D/STs for Week 14
Kansas City D/ST is the top realistic option to stream.
- They play the Denver Broncos in Denver.
- They’re rostered in 34.9% of leagues.
- Chiefs D/ST has scored the 16th-most fantasy points.
- Kansas City averages three sacks per game, tied for the sixth-most in football.
- The Broncos have allowed the fifth-most fantasy points to D/STs this season.
- Denver’s fantasy points allowed to D/STs over the last four games: 11, 6, 12 and 7 points.
- The Broncos have scored more than 16 points just twice this season.
Arizona D/ST is a sneaky option to stream.
- They host New England on Monday Night Football.
- They’re rostered in 5.8% of leagues.
- Cardinals D/ST has scored the 13th-most fantasy points this season.
- But in their last two games against the Chargers and 49ers, they scored a combined zero fantasy points.
- Prior to that, Arizona had five games of these fantasy points: 15, 12, 5, 6 and 10 points.
- The Patriots have allowed the eighth-most fantasy points to opposing defenses.
- Their past six games have yielded the following fantasy points to opposing defenses: 12, 10, 8, 11, 6 and 6 points.
- That’s an average of 8.8 fantasy points allowed, which would be the fifth-highest rate this season.
- New England also averages the fourth-most giveaways per game.
- But only they and Pittsburgh have no giveaways in the last three contests.
Seattle D/ST is a high-upside, low-floor option to stream.
- They host the Carolina Panthers.
- They’re rostered in 36.5% of leagues.
- Seahawks D/ST has scored 7+ fantasy points in five of their last seven games.
- That includes three games of 10+ fantasy points.
- The other two games? They scored 1 and -5 fantasy points.
- Seattle averages just under two takeaways a game, tied for the second-most with Dallas.
- Since Week 7, the Panthers have scored 21+ points in five of their six games.
- And in that time, their D/ST allowed 8+ fantasy points just twice.
- Although that includes a 16-point performance to Baltimore in Week 11.
- Carolina averages over one giveaway a game.
- Seattle D/ST could score 12 fantasy points just as easily as they could score four fantasy points.