Sunday, Sept. 11
The Pile-On Continues for Dallas
Evan after first losing guard Connor McGovern and then the postgame revelation that quarterback Dak Prescott will also be out for several weeks, the injuries continue to mount for the Dallas Cowboys in Week 1. Starting safety Jayron Kearse, one of the team’s captains for Sunday night’s loss to Tampa Bay, left the stadium on crutches with a knee injury, and will be further evaluated on Monday.
Two Tampa Pro Bowl Receivers Injured in First Half
Tampa Bay was already down its starting left tackle Donovan Smith after an early injury Sunday night, but the Buccaneers’ offense was dealt a crippling one-two punch just before halftime. Both Mike Evans and Chris Godwin came off the field late in the second quarter, depriving the team of its top two receivers.
Godwin’s injury in particular is worrisome for the Buccaneers—he was making his return to the field ahead of schedule from a torn ACL suffered in mid-December. The game broadcast reported that it was a hamstring injury for Godwin, who was ruled out for the remainder of the contest. Evans returned to the field following halftime.
Buccaneers Lose Another Lineman
Much like the Dallas Cowboys, Tampa Bay came into Week 1 playing short-handed along the offensive line, after an injury to center Ryan Jensen during training camp. And also like the Cowboys, the Buccaneers lost another starter along the line in the first half of Sunday night’s game, when left tackle Donovan Smith left the game with an injury to his arm. He was seen getting work done on it along the sideline, and the Buccaneers announced it as an elbow injury. Smith did not return to the game.
Cowboys Lose McGovern Four Minutes Into Season
The Dallas Cowboys were already without one starting offensive lineman, Tyron Smith, entering their season opener Sunday Night against Tampa Bay. Less than four minutes into that opener, they lost another one when starting guard Connor McGovern had to be helped off the field. McGovern was rolled up on during a rushing play. He went to the locker room right away, and later returned to the sideline, but did not re-enter the game. Matt Farniok took his place in the Cowboys’ line.
Chargers Keenan Allen (Hamstring) Downgraded to Out
Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen was helped off the field after suffering a hamstring injury. Allen has officially been downgraded from questionable to return to out.
Chiefs K Butker (Ankle) Carted Off
Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker rolled his ankle on the game’s opening kickoff. He had to be carted off the field according to ESPN and is being evaluated in the locker room.
Key Inactives for Late Games
- Trayvon Mullen, Arizona Cardinals, CB
- Rondale Moore, Arizona Cardinals, WR
- Cody Ford, Arizona Cardinals, OL
- J.J. Watt, Arizona Cardinals, Defensive Line
- Michael Gallup, Dallas Cowboys, WR
- Allen Lazard, Green Bay Packers, WR
- Elgton Jenkins, Green Bay Packers, OL
- David Bakhtiari, Green Bay Packers, OL
- J.C. Jackson, LA Chargers, CB
- Isaiah Spiller, LA Chargers, RB
- Lewis Cine, Minnesota Vikings, DB
- Kayvon Thibodeaux, New York Giants, DL
- Azeez Ojulari, New York Giants, DL
Steelers Najee Harris (Foot) Injury Not Considered a Big Deal
Pittsburgh Steelers running back Najee Harris went down on a play with a foot injury. Pittsburgh local media reported that Harris would be out the remainder of the game. Following the game, Harris’ injury is not considered to be a big deal, welcome news to the Steelers, who could be without T.J. Watt for some time.
49er Elijah Mitchell (Knee) Ruled Out
San Francisco 49ers running back Elijah Mitchell went down on a play with a knee injury. According to NFL Media, he will not be coming back into today’s game against the Chicago Bears.
Bengals Tee Higgins (Concussion) Ruled Out
Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins has been ruled out after being diagnosed with a concussion according to ESPN.
Ravens Ja’Wuan James (Achilles) Ruled Out
Baltimore Ravens offensive tackle Ja’Wuan James suffered an achillies injury that required him to be carted off. Head coach John Harbaugh is reporting that James suffered torn achilles in today’s game.
Updates for Week 1 of the 2022 NFL season on the injury status of players and their expected availabilities:
Key Inactives for Early Games
- Tyler Allgeier, Atlanta Falcons, RB
- J.K. Dobbins, Baltimore Ravens, RB
- Ronnie Stanley, Baltimore Ravens, OL
- Marcus Peters, Baltimore Ravens, CB
- Laviska Shenault, Carolina Panthers, WR
- Velus Jones Jr., Chicago Bears, WR
- Julian Okwara, Detroit Lions, LB
- Shaquille Leonard, Indianapolis Colts, LB
- Tre’Quan Smith, New Orleans Saints, WR
- Dwayne Washington, New Orleans Saints, RB
- Zach Wilson, New York Jets, QB
- Duane Brown, New York Jets, OL
- Daniel Brunskill, San Francisco 49ers, OL
- George Kittle, San Francisco 49ers, TE
- Ty Davis-Price, San Francisco 49ers, RB
Saturday, Sept. 10
#NFL Week 1 Injury Cheat Sheet 📄
🟢= Good to go
📈= Questionable, trending up
🟡= Questionable, gametime
📉= Questionable, trending down
— DocFlynn (@DocFlynnNFL) September 11, 2022