Last week, we offered up the top storylines for the AFC in advance of the start of the 2021 NFL season. Here’s a look at the top NFC storylines and the key questions facing each team:
Green Bay Packers:
- This team has lofty expectations coming into this season, will the Rodgers drama impact their performance?
- Will the new additions on defense this off-season vault the Vikings back into the playoffs?
- How will Justin Jefferson be able to follow up his spectacular rookie season?
- How will Jared Goff perform this season with a subpar receiving core?
- Will new head coach Dan Campbell bring a spark to this team?
- Is Justin Fields the answer? When will he start?
- Will the Bears be able to compete with their division rivals in order to make the playoffs?
- Will Dak Prescott be the same QB as he was prior to the injury?
- What will Dan Quinn’s defense look like, and can they take a big step up from last season?
New York Giants:
- Is Daniel Jones the QB of the future?
- How will the offense look with the return of Saquon Barkley and the addition of Kenny Golladay?
- How will Jalen Hurts look in year two + will he have a shorter leash with Minshew added to the roster?
- Will a true #1 wide receiver emerge from their roster?
Washington Football Team:
- Will their offense be able to take a step forward with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB?
- Can their defense carry them back to the playoffs?
- How will Jamal Adams rebound after an underwhelming first season in Seattle?
- Will this finally be the year the Seahawks become less Russell Wilson dependent?
San Francisco 49ers:
- If Jimmy G is the starter, how long will he last?
- Can they stay healthy?
Los Angeles Rams:
- Can Darrell Henderson fill the void that Cam Akers left?
- Will the addition of Matthew Stafford take them to the next level?
- If Pressure is a Privilege, how will the Cardinals handle the pressure this year, Kyler Murray’s 3rd as a pro?
- Can the Cardinals avoid another second-half slump?
New Orleans Saints:
- Will Jameis Winston’s patience pay off after sitting behind Drew Brees for a year?
- Will a receiver emerge to take the role as their number one option until Michael Thomas returns?
- Will a change of environment unlock Sam Darnold’s potential?
- Will Christian McCaffrey be able to bounce back after an injury-plagued 2020?
- Will Kyle Pitts be able to live up to his draft capital immediately?
- How will first-time head coach Arthur Smith perform?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
- Will the Buccaneers be able to do what Tom Brady and the Patriots did one time in six attempts–repeat as champions?